In January 2023 I made the decision to move away from the Fujifilm eco-system and move to Sony. I sold my Fujifilm gear and bought a Sony A7 III.
I love Fujifilm and have shot with Fujifilm for over 5 years. The colours and the cameras themselves are beautiful, however, I want to start dabbling in video and experiment with some advanced aspects of photography so I felt the move to Sony was a good fit.
The main reasons I went with the A7 III are:
- Full-frame sensor: The Sony A7 III features a full-frame sensor, which allows for greater control over depth of field and low-light performance.
- Fast autofocus: The camera's autofocus system is fast and accurate, making it perfect for capturing fast-moving subjects.
- High resolution: With a resolution of 24.2 megapixels, the Sony A7 III produces high-quality images with fine details and sharpness.
- 4K video: The camera can shoot 4K video at 30 frames per second, which is ideal for videographers looking to produce high-quality content.
- Durable build: The Sony A7 III is built to withstand tough shooting conditions and is weather-sealed to protect against dust and moisture.
- Customisable buttons: The camera features customisable buttons, which allows you to quickly access frequently used settings.
- Battery life: The camera has a long battery life of up to 610 shots per charge, which is perfect for long photo sessions.
- Flexibility with lenses: The Sony A7 III is compatible with a wide range of lenses, including my old OM lenses with adapters.
- Advanced Features: The camera offers advanced features such as face detection, Eye-AF and 5-axis in-body image stabilisation.
Anyway here's some photos from my first outing with it. All shots were taken with the Viltrox 85mm ƒ/1.8.